Thursday, January 15, 2009

Kelly

I can barely type because I'm kind of almost jumping up and down at the moment.

Kelly's flight plans were just emailed to me by his mom. He will land in Salt Lake City at 1:35 on April 10th.

85 days!!! That's right, I've finally decided it's okay to count down. Despite what most of my geriatric ward members believe, (and even some of my best friends *cough*BECKY*cough*), I have not counted down prior to this. I did know that he had 100 days left from January 1, but that's because KELLY told me that on the phone on Christmas Eve. I actually scolded him about that and said, "Get back to your mission, Elder." I don't want him coming home with any regrets about wasted time or efforts or anything. When he comes home I want him to be completely satisfied about putting his whole self into the Montevideo Uruguay Mission for the entire two years. Good thing I already know he's done this and will continue to; he's such a good person and I admire him so much. When Kelly does something, he gives it all he's got, and he does it right. I'm so proud of him and how much he's grown since his baptism in 2005. I wish I could shout to the whole world how amazing Kelly is, how blessed and grateful I am that he is in my life and I've been able to share so many awesome experiences with him, and how much I love him.



Kelly's mission has blessed him so much. His testimony has grown, as has his love for the gospel, the Book of Mormon, and Joseph Smith. It's almost hard to believe the young man writing these letters is the same guy who was Bible bashing with me at Country Boy Dairy in June 2005--the same guy I cried with on the hill at Beus Park because neither of us could see how our relationship could work out, but we couldn't see it ever ending either. Kelly is more outgoing and confident. I think he's even more patient and understanding, and even humble--I didn't even know humans had the capacity to become more patient, understanding, or humble than Kelly already was! He is absolutely awe-inspiring.



Almost more amazing is that although I've been left behind, I have grown so much. I am more independent and well-rounded. I have developed interests and pushed myself out of my little comfort zone. I've come to realize I have talents and that I am an interesting person. I'm not so scared about what others might think of me, so I am more outgoing and confident, too. Some people have told me how suprised they are that I'm funny--thanks to those of you with a refined sense of sarcasm, because you actually get my so-called wit. No one can say I am just Daniandkelly (affectionately dubbed "Danelly" by some friends our sophomore year when some people honestly didn't know if it were "Dani and Kelly" or "Danny and Kelli".) A lot of my friends have never even met Kelly! (But believe me, they know about him.) Kelly is forever my other half, me in male form, and my best friend, but I am somebody and no one can take that away from me.

That being said, I AM SO EXCITED TO SEE KELLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: