Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween with Kelly!

Kelly and I had such a fun Saturday! We were going to go up to Lancaster, PA for a reportedly amazing farmers market and for lunch, but we didn't get up as early as we wanted and decided we should plan more to do there if we were going to drive all that way anyway.

So then we decided to go to the aquarium. Baltimore's aquarium is also reportedly amazing! So we got all ready to go, and ran some errands, and by the time we were finally ready to head down to the Inner Harbor it was about 1:30. We decided that if we were going to spend all that money, we had better make sure we can spend as much time as we'd like, and since it closed at 5 and it would take us another 1/2 hour to get there, we'd do it next week. (Look for my post!) Since we were already driving around, we decided to check out some cool-looking stores that we've seen around and wanted to check out. We found a really cool hobby shop and a couple other random places. It was fun just to drive around with Kelly and talk about stuff and spend all day with him!

We came home before dark because my students warned me that being out after dark on Halloween in Baltimore is not safe. We tried watching a Frankenstein movie on Netflix because Kelly read the book, but the movie was so sucky, we couldn't even enjoy it by making fun of it. I didn't know that kind of sucky even existed. So we lit our Jack-o-Lantern that I carved earlier in the week and watched Penelope. It sounds like a boring day, but we both had so much fun just being together and talking. I love Kelly!

Here's my Jack-o-Lantern. Not as cool as last year's, but Batman is awesome.

3 comments:

Georgia said...

That is a great jack-o-latern and your day sounds very fun. Just getting a change from your normal, busy workday makes Saturday such a special day!

It was so good to talk to you on the phone last night. I always enjoy our visits. I'm really getting excited to visit with you in person, though. Six months without a Dani-girl hug is just too long! I know Kelly would agree with that.

I was feeling homesick about not getting to drive to Cedar City for your Halloween band concert this year. That was a fun tradition and I miss it, but not as much as I miss you!

Lindsey said...

Just wanted to say that I LOVE Penelope. A lot. :)

M said...

aah Dani. That batman symbol is amazing. But wouldn't it look just a thousand times better with a HUGE "S"!?!?! ;-) Hope you and Kelly are well!